Embrace the Rainbow


Driving south one delightful stormy morning, I was heading directly into blue, sunny skies. I happen to look to the west of me as I am driving. Something pulled my glance in that direction, as if I had the feeling of being watched something pulled my attention to gaze. It was a rainbow that caught my eye. A rainbow with such brilliant color that it stole my breath. Its background was of beautiful sunny skies. Knowing scientifically how a rainbow is made, the ability to see this rainbow from my perspective is perplexing.
                It was a full rainbow. Its colors so brilliant I could define each one next to the other. It was in reverse, and the indigo was set at the top of this rainbow. The hills behind the rainbow were highlighted by the morning’s sunrise which intricately enhanced the colors even more. It was incredible.
                As I headed out of the storm-filled skies, into the drier climate, the rainbow remained; its prominence exposed reflecting its magnificence.
                I made a turn, now driving east, and I looked in the direction of that rainbow. It was now back-grounded by black storm clouds. Amazingly, the storm clouds illuminated the rainbow in a brand new way. The colors, even more brilliant, popped out at me. It was as if this rainbow had grown depth, a third dimension. It became an entity right there, presenting itself to me. The charcoal grey of the sky behind it only allowed it to shine more brightly. The entire world was trying to keep this rainbow from expressing its brilliance, and yet it defied this abuse. It now shown brighter than ever. It became an entity of its own, with only neglect from the background; the grey skies actually assisted in helping it to shine more brightly. The grayness of the rainbow’s surroundings seemed to try to hold her back, tried to tell her she doesn’t belong; and yet she persisted. She remained. She grew even more bold and she held on and she disallowed the behaviors of the grayness to penetrate her being. Instead she used the background dim to enhance her beauty, her authenticity, her true self; her worth became illuminated because of the dullness surrounding her. She became the power in the sky which all the grey wanted to be. Eventually, the grayness wanted to be enveloped by her strength and her will to shine.
                I turned south, with the rainbow now behind me. I could witness it in my rear-view mirror, it’s brilliance still shining at me – beckoning me to watch it grow, transpire, evolve, transform, express, develop, captivating me in its growth.
                Yet again I make a turn, this time to the west, and poof! The rainbow is gone. It disappeared as suddenly as it had appeared. It grew strength and power in the world surrounding it, and then it magically, mystically, and gracefully went away. Quietly, without a drama to be told. It was gone.
I am the rainbow.

Wanna talk writing? Click here.


Comments

Post a Comment