Makin' Pancakes

Robbie and I, we have a thing. Well, we have several things. But I'm going to share just this one thing today. When things are shitty and you don't know what to do next, all you gotta do is make some pancakes.
     Let me explain. Robs called me one morning because things were unsettled in her home. There were angers and frustrations flying about. Meanwhile, she was feeling calm. Sad, but calm. 
     She told me, "I don't know what to do right now." 
     I asked her,"So then, what exactly are you doing right now?"
     She responded, "Making pancakes."
     Honestly, that was the best advice we've ever made together.
     When you don't know what's going on and you wanna remain calm, or when your world feels like it's collapsing around you and you don't know what you're supposed to do, or when you're feeling low and have no one to talk to, or when you're just plain stuck, do a thing. Any damn thing. Hug your dog. Go for a walk. Put on lipstick. Move your body. Anything to get you out of your own muddled mind. Make an action to get yourself back into your flow.
     What if you can't think of anything to do? Make some pancakes.
     (Robbie and I use this simple trick often, and it always works.)
     EnJOY your day!


Comments